Ways to Give

Donate Now

You Can Make a Difference! 

You can support Champaign County CASA through individual donations, event sponsorships, your company's matching gifts program, the United Way of Champaign County Annual Fund, or by hosting a fundraising event.

Your contribution will support CASA/GAL volunteers in their efforts to help our community's most vulnerable children.

Champaign County CASA Annual Giving Program

Individual Giving Levels:

Opportunity $5,000
Hundreds of children's lives are touched by Champaign County CASA each year. A gift of $5,000 helps CASA provide these abused and neglected children with legal representation and a lifetime of opportunity.
Protection $2,500
A gift of $2,500 a year helps provide a trained and knowledgeable Advocate Coordinator for each CASA volunteer.  They assure that each case is properly handled and that every child is placed in a permanent, safe, and loving home.
Security $1,000
The median cost to provide a CASA volunteer to one child is just over $1,000 per year.  A CASA volunteer is a trained and committed adult, appointed by a judge to watch over and advocate for a child's best interests.
Safety $500
For just $500 a year, you can cover training materials for a class of new advocates. Our CASA advocates undergo over 30 hours of classroom training, where they learn about child welfare, cultural competence, minimal parenting standards, and the juvenile court process.

Contact:  Jill Boland, Director of Development

Call:  217.384.9065

Email: jboland@casa4kids.org

By Mail

Checks payable to Champaign County CASA, Inc.

Mail to: Champaign County CASA 154C Lincoln Square Urbana, IL 61801

Through United Way of Champaign County

You can designate Champaign County CASA to receive your donation through United Way of Champaign County’s Annual Campaign. Visit http://www.uwayhelps.org for more information on United Way and its support of community agencies including Champaign County CASA.

Provide an In-Kind Gift.

Your in-kind gift helps CASA save money when you donate office supplies, postage, advertising, printing, office equipment.

Please call to ask for our current greatest needs. 217.384.9065


Make contributions to CASA online, using PayPal or MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover.

To donate online:

  1. Click the orange Donate button above
  2. Enter your donation amount and click Update Total
    (Note: You have to click the Update Total button to continue with your transaction)
  3. To pay with a PayPal account:
    • Enter your login information in the Log In To PayPal box.
    • Follow the remaining steps on the website to complete your donation.
  4. To pay with credit card:
    • Click Continue in the Don’t Have A PayPal Account? section. (see screenshot below)
      Don't have a PayPal account? User your credit card or bank account. (where available)
    • Follow the remaining steps on the website to complete your donation.


Your Legacy

Here are a few ways you can create your legacy of hope for a vulnerable child:

• Putting Champaign County CASA in your will

• Naming Champaign County CASA as a beneficiary

• Giving real estate

• Reducing taxes and receiving income

Discuss your goals with your financial or estate planning professional. If you have questions about what types of gifts Champaign County CASA accepts or thoughts to share, please contact Executive Director Rush Record at 217.384.9065 or rrecord@chcocasa.org.

Putting Champaign County CASA in your will

You can provide now for a future gift to Champaign County CASA by including a bequest provision in your will or trust. Your will or trust directs assets to your heirs and can direct a bequest to Champaign County CASA.


  • Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
  • You can change your bequest if your circumstances change.
  • You can direct your bequest to a particular purpose (be sure to check with Champaign County CASA to make sure your gift can be used as intended).
  • You can have the satisfaction of knowing your bequest will support Champaign County CASA in the way you intended when you are gone.

Use this language in your estate plan:

I hereby direct $____________ (or _____ percent of my residual estate) in cash, securities, or other property to Champaign County CASA. 

As with any decision involving your assets, we urge you to seek the advice of your tax and legal advisors.

Naming Champaign County CASA as a beneficiary.

You can name Champaign County CASA as beneficiary of your life insurance policy or your retirement plan and reduce your tax liability. This is as simple as calling your provider and updating or adding to your beneficiary designations.

As with any decision involving your assets, we urge you to seek the advice of your tax and legal advisors.

Giving real estate

For many people, their home or other real estate is their most valuable asset. You may donate your home or other property to Champaign County CASA. Gifts of real estate may secure a charitable income tax deduction for you, based on the fair market value of the property, with no capital gains liability for the transfer. If you wish to continue to live in your residence, you may choose to irrevocably deed a residence (such as your home, cabin, or farm) to Champaign County CASA but reserve the right to use it during your lifetime. This arrangement may create an immediate income tax deduction and a federal estate tax deduction.

As with any decision involving your assets, we urge you to seek the advice of your tax and legal advisors.

Reducing taxes and receiving income

You may give to Champaign County CASA, reduce your tax liability and receive an income from your assets. There are many ways to meet your financial and philanthropic goals including creating a charitable gift annuity, a charitable remainder trust, or a charitable lead trust. Such financial vehicles require planning and professional counsel and can be a powerful way to share your support of Champaign County CASA with future generations.

As with any decision involving your assets, we urge you to seek the advice of your tax and legal advisors.